Plurilock is a TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV: PLUR) publicly listed cybersecurity company that is at the forefront of confirming identity through their physical and behavioral use of smartphones, tablets, laptops and PC's. We specialize in developing innovative biometric authentication technology for computer and network security. We are seeking an experienced agile software development professional for the role of Product Owner.
The candidate in question will own the rapidly evolving codebase for a class-leading enterprise cybersecurity product and will interface directly with both strategic/business (VP Product), software development (Director of Engineering), and operations stakeholders.
- Distilling customer-driven and strategic product requirements into basic technical criteria
- Turning these criteria into clear, intelligible stories and specifications
- Collaborating with product and engineering functions to coordinate development efforts and ensure that requirements are met
- Helping to prioritize in order to optimize engineering throughput and strategy execution
- Maintaining a big picture understanding of tech debt, in flight, and pending items and needs
- Being a key source of truth about the codebase and its status relative to these items
- Note that this role is not responsible for finalizing product or company strategy and is not a primary customer liaison
The candidate will not be responsible for coding directly, but should have:
- 5+ years experience as a product owner, scrum master, or developer
- Hands-on experience with the full complement of agile software development practices
- Experience with enterprise systems and in enterprise environments
- High computing/technology competency and the ability to master technical concepts quickly
- Strong analytical, communication, and diplomacy skills
- The ability to synthesize competing needs into efficient plans and prioritize accordingly
The ideal candidate will also have working knowledge or previous experience driving the success of codebases or products that rely on:
- Machine learning
- Biometrics or behavioral biometrics
- Windows and Mac OS applications
- Cloud applications in scalability-critical environments
- Performance and security optimization
HQ is based in Victoria, BC but the company is remote.